Thursday, July 19, 2012

Fly-In and Pups


The Final Fix Project is still on track.  We are continuing to make plans for October.  I am still continuing on my quest for an IFR rating.  This is making me a better pilot and consequently safer!  For those of you that have been through the rating you know how much effort it is to push through.  Also for those of you who are not professional pilots (and IFR rated) and have to make a living doing other things, you know how much effort has to be applied to push this through.  I sometimes wish that I could just concentrate on just flying for a couple of months.  That would allow me to get some of the ratings that are on my bucket list.  Well that's what a bucket list is for… life would be less interesting if everything came easy ( I wouldn't know about such things, in other words, my life is interesting enough!).



Went out to the airport to visit the fly-in and exhibits.  The local War-Birds Museum was there with several of their planes.  The CAF was there also.  Helicopter and airplane rides were being offered.  Lots of food and fun including a Corn Hole tournament.  These gatherings are a great place to meet aviation enthusiasts.  I love seeing all the wide eyed children looking at the shinny planes.  Also some of the bigger children were putting on a show with  RC planes.  What fun!


The two pups and their mom (that we did emergency C-section on) came by the Hospital the other day.  They seem to be doing great.  We were able to remove the surgical staples from her incision as it has healed up (see post on 6-17-12 for rest of the story).  Even though these pups are looking great and hopefully we will find good homes for them, there are lots of pups that are not so lucky.  This is a reminder of why we are going to St. Croix… to hopefully make a difference.  

Ok, finished up my cup of coffee and its time to get to work.  Thanks to all that are supporting this project.  Bye for now, Robin.

No comments:

Post a Comment