Saturday, June 2, 2012

Thoughts for St. Croix


    Talked about my St. Croix spay/neuter mission to Brad (one of my fly buddies) and he decided he wanted to come alone on the mission.  This is great news as I did not want to make the trip by myself.  I am planing on loading the Six with supplies that will be needed for this mission.  I think that they will have most of everything that I will need however, I am sure there will be additional needs due to the overwhelming scale of this feral animal population (see previous post on St. Croix Fix).  I know it will be tricky getting all the medical supplies from one country to another as we make our way down there (I don't want any misunderstanding about the use of this medical supplies) .  I think I will contact the different customs before setting off across the water.
Brad (L) and Randy(R) ready to fly!

     One thing about flying down there, you need to be prepared to make a water landing… I will make sure we have life preservers and a PLB just in case.  I will also look into life rafts as they can really make a difference.  I will bring some spare parts, getting a repair down there might be tricky.  Definitely a spare tire/ inner tube and some oil is a minimal must.  I think contacting a company that flies the Caribbean extensively would be a good idea.  The  Bahamas and Caribbean Pilot Guide would be a great investment as it seems to be a solid and up to date publication of the airports in this region.

OK, more to come… Bye for now, Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment