Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Spay Waggin and Oregon



Well here is the Van (the Spay Waggin) that I will be working out of for the Abbey Animal Final Fixit Project.  It looks pretty new but only a visit in person will tell!  Just got back from Oregon where Kath, Diana and I were visiting with other professionals this past week about how to manage a practice.  We have been doing it for the past 17 years so this was a great tune-up!  The flight out there was quite the experience as the unrest in the Middle-East has the TSAs on their toes.  To make a long story short, we missed our flight because they closed the doors 10 minutes early!  We ended up flying up to New Jersey then down to Houston then out to Oregon… we should have gotten there at 10:00 in the morning and instead ended up there at 8:00 in the evening.  Now folks, I like to fly… but I only like to fly my own plane for that length of time.  Needless to say it was a very long day as we woke up to get going about 3:30am and ended up getting there at approximately Midnight East Coast time!  The jet lag was a force to be reckoned with… it took me till Wednesday to feel human again.  Louis and Clark would have been amazed at how short we made their trip but they didn't have to put up with jet lag!

Still, a great time was had and we met some great folks.  Justin and Denelle were young owners of their practice (approximately 4 years) and had a new kid (just over a year)… it reminded me of where Kath and I were at that time in our lives.  What a great time of life.  At the time I did not realize how great it was because we were busier then a one legged man in a butt kicking contest!  The years pass quickly so I encouraged them to enjoy them… it did not look as though they needed my advice as they seemed to be enjoying life to the fullest.  Did I mention that they were Canadian?  No?  Well I meant to as it seems that the Canadians I know sure try to squeeze the most out of life… "EH"?

Oregon is a beautiful state with lots of big beautiful trees and country.  We hiked out and enjoyed some of it.  

I can't believe that it is this close to the take off date.  Alli's husband got her an embroidery machine for her birthday and I have to say the world has not been the same since.  She has been embroidering everyone's scrubs at work and she made a shirt for me to fly in.  It says Capt. Rob which is a take off of Capt. Ron… the movie with Kurt Russel.  Lots of fun and appropriate for our trip to the Caribbean…  land of the Pirates… "Ahrrrr me maties".  
Ok well it's off to bed to try and beat the jet lag of coming home.  Thanks for your support.  Bye for now… Robin.

No comments:

Post a Comment